Sunday, June 2, 2013

RINGO



So, I'm building my Fab Four Beatle tribute collection. What do I do for Ringo? A drummer?  A banjo. A six string banjo.
I wanted to experiment, so I replaced the regular banjo head with a piece of spruce guitar top. The white that you see is white nitro lacquer covered spruce. Amazingly, it still sounds like a banjo. A more woody banjo. I like it though. Beatle logo like on Ringo's bass drum head of course. I also located some black oyster pearl drum wrap to go around the rims. Looks good. Also a hand built aluminum tailpiece and an ebony bridge.

Boy, have I looked at that drum head a few times over the years.
A single white mother of pearl star in the 12th fret. Ebony fretboard. 24 3/4 inch scale. 

Using a piece of brass and a waterslide decal I made this truss rod cover. Zero fret. I like zero frets.

On the back is a clear coated and polished Sgt. Pepper drum head logo.

This really pops in person.

 JOHN, GEORGE, and RINGO.
PAUL is under construction. Hope to finish it this summer. Hofner shape, curly cottonwood top, walnut back and sides, fretless ebony fingerboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment