Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Joe's Ferrari














I built this guitar for my son Joe. He’s become a really good guitar player and it was time to make him a custom electric. Joey and I have been Ferrari fans for some time. His job is a car handler and detailer at the Salt Lake Ferrari dealership. This body style is one Joe has really liked and I had a great piece of curly cottonwood to use. The finish is red tinted nitro lacquer. It really looks good on that cottonwood.














I put various Ferrari touches on it and added some carbon fiber accents. The Ferrari lettering is made from white pearl and black pearl with the black used as kind of a reflection.













I made the bridge out of stainless steel pins. I just wanted something sleek and different. The volume and tone knobs are also stainless and exit the body through the side. 









No comments:

Post a Comment